CINDER is a proudly community-conscious agency-dedicated to humanizing staffing by connecting awesome people, building amazing teams, and developing authentic partnerships.
We are partnering with FINE in their search for a Full Stack Developer to join their growing team! FINE is a digital branding company that focuses on creating websites for companies looking to build up their brands. This position is remote with the opportunity to be onsite in Portland, OR when available, if desired.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Full Stack Developer will work directly with designers, project managers, information architects, and dev-ops engineers to create super-smooth, responsive, accessible websites for our client, as well as act as mentoring other developers.
- Working on a project to build new websites and applications, typically with separate CMS and FE
- Leading technical initiatives with support
- Taking on full lifecycle responsibility for full builds of moderately complex sites and apps
- Taking ownership and/or responsibility for moderately complex sites and clients
- Helping PDs, designers, and other developers as needed
- Offering interesting topics in dev meetings or as R&D projects
- Consistently delivering excellent code quality on familiar tasks and good code quality otherwise
- Putting out small fires as needed
Cinder and FINE are working together to build more equitable and inclusive workplaces. Along with the requirements below, the ideal person will have experience (their personal life or career) helping eliminate the systemic oppression in our world.
- 4+ years of experience as a full stack developer building custom CMS websites
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails, including building Rails apps within a team
- Has experience with HTML5, CSS3, and related specs, APIs, and polyfills
- Familiar with ECMAScript 6, VueJS/Nuxt, and emerging trends in JS
- Able to code by hand and to know how to use existing resources to build on for custom results
- Has knowledge of the latest web standards and accessibility
- Self-driven, self-led, and self-motivated to take initiative; undertakes new initiatives willingly; finds consensus and solutions to change; anticipates potential roadblocks and other issues before they arise
- Active in the wider development community (preferred)
Compensation: $70k+, depending on experience
Shift: M-F normal business hours, PST
Location: Remote or onsite when available, client located in Portland, OR
Type: Direct Hire
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas.