The Firmware Engineer is responsible for designing and coding software in the C++ and C programming languages. The FW Eng will work on legacy products introducing new designs and refactoring old ones. Skill with Linux development, hardware integration, device drivers are desired. As a firmware engineer, this person will develop code that integrates with Biamp’s existing products, will contribute to product design and will debug and troubleshoot issues associated with networked audio hardware.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Develop embedded and linux software to control and configure networked audio/media systems
- Define data structures that correspond to audio workflows and
- Create unit tests for ensuring quality of completed work.
- Develop software that automatically tests other software using C++ or C.
- Create detailed functional specifications and low-level designs describing functionality.
- Work through complex legacy code to determine application behavior
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills:
- C++ Programming
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject or equivalent education and experience.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years work experience as an Firmware, Embedded Engineer or Linux software engineer.
- Prior AV experience is highly desired as well as digital video.
- Methodical approach to problem solving with careful attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities concurrently while continuing to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint).
- Possesses excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and is able to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and diffuse challenging situations using acceptable and appropriate methods.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Candidate must be willing to comply with workplace safety requirements related to COVID-19, including wearing a mask when in the office and practicing social distancing
- Amount of Travel: none
- Physical requirements: must be able to lift 30 pounds
- In-office or on-site attendance is required