DAT Solutions is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance & Accounting team in either Denver, CO, or Beaverton, OR.
In this Financial Analyst role you will own the reporting and consolidation of the full range of key finance transformation and consolidation initiatives at DAT. You will develop integrated revenue and expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations, ensuring that upstream financial information has been recorded accurately. Your core focus will be on developing business processes that are repeatable, scalable, transparent, and predictable, enabling new tools for business stakeholders to drive forecast accuracy and accountability.
- Sees the big picture, identifies key drivers, and leverages data to tell a compelling story.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and adept at communication with senior management.
- Self-starter who deftly manages multiple projects and deliverables.
- Proactive, business partner approach to developing relationships with peers and internal customers.
- Cross-functional and works effectively across multiple departments.
- Critical thinker who leverages analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful strategies and solutions.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change in a dynamic business environment.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement processes to support internal forecasting and reporting, and increase accuracy.
- Coordinate the consolidation of financial reporting systems and business segments.
- Develop an understanding of systems and processes in place, recommend improvements to drive efficiencies and development of new tools.
- Help design and maintain standard formats for capturing data to create more accurate forecasting and budgeting.
- Assist in designing a detailed and comprehensive internal calendar to drive critical deadlines and deliverables.
- Support the FP&A Director and Controller with accurate monthly and quarterly management reporting and analysis.
- Proactively partner with a range of stakeholders to drive effective collaboration and decision making based on detailed analysis and financial impact.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from business partners and management in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide a range of financial guidance, system and analytics support, forecasts and data consolidation for key decision making.
The Skills You’ll Need
- 5+ years of directly related work experience.
- Previous experience with Consolidations, Financial & Internal Management Reporting
- P&L background / experience along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and reach defensible conclusions is required.
- Advanced skills in Excel is required, including database management, dynamic tables, and graphs.
- Solid analytical, mathematical, and research skills.
- Highly organized and ready to handle large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively, proactively communicating any deviation from the given timeframe.
- Possess an understanding of finance and accounting functions as well as a well-developed business acumen.
- Experience with Financial Reporting and Statement Preparation, Month End Close, and Variance Analysis.
- Strong Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite capabilities.
- Familiarity with Excel PowerPivot, SQL, Python, Tableau, Hyperion, OLAP cubes, Business Objects, Salesforce, MS Great Plains, MS Forecaster is a plus.
- Knowledge of the logistics transportation industry is a plus.
- Enterprise SaaS experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Software and Analytics will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)