The Technology Association of Oregon (TAO) has a mission to drive technology enablement to create an inclusive, world-class innovation economy in Oregon and SW Washington. TAO and its members believe that technology will play a crucial role in making our communities more resilient, and new markets and opportunities will be created for tech entrepreneurs and workers striving to solve our biggest global challenges. With an environment that fosters continuous learning and improvement, a team that is passionate about our community, embraces high-trust communication, and consistently exceeds expectations, TAO is an organization where employees make a big impact.
TAO is seeking to hire a Finance + Operations Manager. This is a 30-hour per week position with flexible hours that will report to the President & CEO.
Our growing team serves an established office in Eugene, activities and programs in Bend, and member companies and employees throughout Oregon and SW Washington. The right fit for this role, and our team, is someone who is self-motivated, organized, confident, empathetic, hard-working, technically savvy, and always ready to jump in to innovate for improvement. This position will work with and support all functions of TAO, including events, membership, advocacy and more through activities such as budget development and oversight, invoicing, bookkeeping, managing vendor relationships for services and products relied upon by members of the TAO team. This also includes overseeing payroll and benefits vendors and working with our outside bookkeeper and controller.
TAO welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds with unique experiences, with an emphasis on candidates who are detail-oriented, kind, reliable, and friendly. Strong teams are built from empowered employees and TAO strives to cultivate a welcoming, supportive environment as an equal opportunity employer, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or age.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Execute all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting process including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, collections and bank reconciliation
- Process bank and credit card reconciliation
- Develop and manage operations budget
- Support TAO team members in the development and analysis of annual TAO budget
- Assist TAO’s controller with oversight of monthly assessments and forecasts of TAO’s performance against goals
- Execute and maintain payroll records, process payroll using 3rd-party payroll service provider, including commissions and expenses for all staff and review/file forms necessary for compliance with federal, state and local laws
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, budget vs. actual reports and KPI-specific financial reports
- Maintain accounting procedures, policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems
- Refine and manage all accounting, financial, and HR policies and processes
- Work with Member Success Coordinator to execute the membership renewal process, including preparation, distribution of membership renewal invoices and collections
- Serve as liaison to outside operation-related vendors including, but not limited to: benefits, insurance, IT systems
- Provide short and long term project management for internal and external activities, as requested
- Oversee and execute key HR functions, including, but not limited to: managing the benefits selection and administration process, assisting with employee onboarding, tracking vacation and sick time, maintaining employee handbook and employee retirement account
- Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment and initiative
Salary, Bonus, and Benefits
Salary will start at $55,000 and will depend upon experience. This position will be eligible for annual bonuses. TAO offers a comprehensive insurance and benefits package, including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, cell-phone allowance, and generous Paid Time Off (PTO), among other benefits.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years relevant work experience in an office management or operations role
- Must have excellent communication, organization and time management skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
- Demonstrated proficiency with Quickbooks and applications like Excel
- Possess knowledge and skills in bookkeeping/accounting
- Must be able to work flexible hours and have reliable transportation
- Passion for helping to build a world-class and inclusive innovation economy in Oregon
Want to stand out? Below are some ideas on stories we’d like to hear or read about.
- What is something you are proud of accomplishing in your career?
- What excites you about office management, finance and operations?
- What are unique ways you stay organized when information or details come from multiple directions?
- Describe an experience where you had to deal with a team member who disagreed with you or with a difficult customer or vendor.
Additional details on TAO, our work, team, and who we serve can be found at techoregon.org
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and letter of interest by May 20, 2022.