DAT Software and Analytics is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our Engineering team in Beaverton, OR
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for the overall architecture and technical direction of one or more software engineering teams. This individual must be highly proficient with current software development technology, tools, and practices, particularly in the area of Software As A Service model. The candidate must have experience with microservices, API design, cloud-native architectures, and possess the ability to understand the implementation level details. The successful candidate will be able to steer projects toward the grand solution, be business savvy and drive design solutions that meet customer needs and constraints. Additionally, this person has responsibility for the growth and mentoring of the entire software engineering team, as well as the individual team members.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product management to drive software engineering projects
- Exhibit technology leadership by participating in architecture and technology decisions with architects and fellow senior leadership
- Participate in architecture & technology roadmap planning
- Observe, coach and facilitate effective communication and alignment among product, architecture and engineering teams
- Contribute to project plans and product roadmaps, specifically in the areas of task breakdown, estimating, and scheduling
- Capacity planning for initiatives and staffing engineers with the necessary skills and ensuring that engineering teams remain relevant and prepared to deliver through training and professional development plans.
Team Management Responsibilities
- Communicate status of projects and team progress reports up the management chain
- Provide consistent team goals, objectives
- Continually seek to identify, remove impediments to progress and success
- Provide guidance and direction to all members of our Agile team(s).
- Provide mentoring and career development to individual team members of every discipline and experience level.
- Champion initiatives to consistently improve software engineering teams
- Actively seek to attract new talent and improve the hiring process
The Skills You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior experience managing software engineering teams in an agile environment
- Prior experience managing software engineering teams in an external-facing product company
- Knowledge of Modern Server Frameworks such as Node, Spark, or Spring Boot
- Knowledge of Modern Web UI Frameworks such as Angular or React
- Familiarity with Cloud-Native Development such as in AWS, Azure, or Google
- Knowledge of Microservices established best practices
- Knowledge of REST APIs established best practices
- Knowledge of Design Principles and Patterns
- Practical experience with OO and/or Functional Programming
- Practical experience with unit testing
- Strong experience with Agile and at least one agile methodology such as SCRUM, XP, or SAFE
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Software and Analytics will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)