Adpearance is a digital marketing company that provides tech-enabled solutions to local businesses to generate quality leads and increase sales. With a strong reputation built on proven performance, we’ve grown rapidly with dealerships in the automotive and equipment industries. We’re now expanding to new markets.
Adpearance proprietary technology includes ad tech, websites and advanced analytics/tracking. Our sister company, Foureyes, has patented software and data collection capabilities that our tech team builds on top of to enhance our marketing solutions.
As the Director of Product - Web Applications you lead the architecture, development and implementation of technology to support Adpearance business vision. You have strong business acumen and client instincts. You’re the senior technology voice in the company – identifying needs, determining priorities and solving problems. You serve on the leadership team, and you have a seat at the table to make decisions and prioritize initiatives.
You oversee a department of approximately 25 employees – developers, product and project managers and designers. While you lean technical, you are an experienced manager with a knack for defining structure, roles and responsibilities and processes. You know how to motivate and hold teams accountable and drive them to positive outcomes.
- Technology roadmap and prioritization. You work with other senior leaders to define a technology roadmap that aligns with the business vision. As opportunities and roadblocks emerge, you refine the roadmap. And you drive the team to hit the milestones.
- Structure and process for product/tool development. You determine how best to structure the teams to efficiently develop software that scales and serves our client needs. You define roles and responsibilities. You work with your lead developers, designers, and PMs to establish best practices and the means to measure relevant KPIs, such as velocity, quality of code, client satisfaction, response time, uptime, etc.
- Website implementation. Adpearance website solution requires: (1) an efficient build as part of the implementation process and (2) ongoing client support. You oversee an implementation team that crushes it for clients – design diversity, efficient builds, responsive, transparent support.
- Management and mentorship. You foster a culture of continuous learning and collaboration, and you develop pathways for junior employees to grow and advance. You evaluate performance of employees based on their progress and provide ongoing, constructive feedback to aid in their growth.
- Resource management. We have a finite team, and you determine team priorities and initiatives to be executed based upon client and organization prioritization.
- P&L responsibility. You work with our finance team to establish an annual budget for your department, and you manage that budget. You allocate expenses and identify savings. You communicate the financials to your employees and the executive team, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Budget management experience
- Resource management experience
- Strong product or project management skills
- Strong internal communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Problem solving
- Willingness to get into the work - grit - roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing technical teams
- 7+ years of experience working on digital projects/products
- Nice to have: Familiarity with coding languages and development processes
- Nice to have: PMP certification
- A team culture that prioritizes people over politics and forward-progress over egos
- A creative, fast-paced, high growth environment
- Competitive salary and benefits, 401k matching, and commuter/cell phone benefits
- Generous PTO days - in addition to paid holidays
- Career growth and learning opportunities to add new skills to your resume
- A commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace