Our fast-growing SaaS start-up client will be hiring a Data Engineer to help elevate their communications platform which is being used by the largest companies in the world in some of the most technically complex environments you can find. You will be helping in implementation of “big data” systems which require queries returning within sub-second response times.
100% REMOTE. Distributed team. They build solutions for distributed workforces so they model their workforce the same way. In this role you really can work where you want, but for this role we are only considering candidates based in the United States.
- Implement and support systems that reliably and efficiently provide interactive query performance on large amounts of multi-modal data.
- Improve systems that handle scale.
- Troubleshoot and improve the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Collect, parse, analyze, and visualize large sets of dataTurn data into insights.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer.
- 2+ years of experience in SaaS development environments.
- Experience with large-scale data and query optimization techniques.
- Experience with ETL to data warehouse systems.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift, Aurora Postgres.
- Proficient in SQL and Python development
- Has a Computer Science degree.
- Is a "student of the game" and thrives on new challenges.
- Understanding of NoSQL and RDBMS.
- Knowledge in multiple scripting languages (e.g. Python).
- Knowledge of cloud, distributed systems, and stream-processing systems.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving hard problems in a fast-paced environment.