Become a part of the team behind the team.
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we do more than basketball. We bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. We are pioneers and innovators. We look for people who push boundaries, who dream, who are committed to inclusivity – who want to contribute to Rip City!
As our Broadcast Games Support Technician (part-time), you will be integral in providing assistance with all Game Day Broadcast support functions, including but not limited to audio-visual troubleshooting, signal-routing, camera/radio/monitor/cable installations, score boxes, conference bridges, and set/strike broadcast setup.
- Work with the full-time staff to assist or perform the following:
- Ensure all feeds to and from the NBA needed for broadcast.
- Confirm facility operations.
- Route signals as needed by production.
- Perform trouble shooting and minor repairs as needed.
- Record air checks as needed.
- Confirm radio operations with talent and producer.
- Monitor equipment working status, make recommendations to replace/retire equipment.
- Work with other production, media teams to fulfill their requirements at short notice.
- Other duties as assigned.
WE'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU:
- Have 1-2 years’ experience working with a Production/Broadcast team during live events.
- Can troubleshoot audio visual systems.
- Have full understanding of HDTV signal types and transport methods.
- Understand television production systems, signal flows and transmission.
- Have prior working engineering experience on remote or studio television productions.
- Can take direction during minor crises to ensure timely restoration of issues, calm under pressure.
- Show proven ability to self-learn setup and operation of new equipment.
- Professional appearance and ability to wear a mask for long periods of time.
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Understand NBA game format is preferred.
- Have 1+ years’ experience with equipment setup and strike, live technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Have proven experience in a high-stress environment.
- Have prior experience in professional game setup is preferred.
- You may work every game at home and while games are on the road
- Hours: From Crew call (about 5 hours prior to the game start) until after post game - 8 hours standard call, any day of the week.
Offers of employment are conditional upon the results of a background investigation. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.