Sila’s goal is to transform the financial landscape by creating an open-access financial network with a stable cryptocurrency at its core. We want to help developers and entrepreneurs bring their fintech ideas to market quicker and easier by incorporating compliant processes and making money programmable.
We are seeking a Backend Engineer (or Full-Stack Developer with strong backend experience) to help build features, products and APIs to meet the needs of our fintech customers. We need a developer with experience working with Python, who can produce great code. The right candidates will have experience working with AWS, API development concepts and SDK best practices. Our team is based in Portland, OR, although entry level candidates could receive mentoring in Portland or Corvallis, OR. We may consider a remote role for experienced developers.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Designing, building, and unit testing software in a collaborative environment.
- Creating, improving, and maintaining backend processes per Product Requirements.
- Dealing with large data sets, relational and object databases.
- Collaborating with product managers and other business-side stakeholders to brainstorm, design, and create features and applications.
- Writing clear, efficient, scalable, modular, and maintainable code.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Translating business requirements, mockups and other product manager input into achievable milestones and code.
- Creating and maintaining internal and external documentation supporting all functional changes.
- Demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills on a daily basis.
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation using defined escalation procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here is what will have prepared you for this role:
- At least 1-2 years verifiable experience in backend development.
- Be proficient in the Python programming language.
- Verifiable experience with AWS infrastructure, including event-driven microservices.
- The proven ability to quickly and efficiently analyze problems and then offer effective and workable solutions.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- An understanding of API security and best practices.
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum development teams.
- The proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated with minimal supervision and assistance.
- Self-development skills with a willingness to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering (or equivalent experience).
It would be good if you have:
- Experience developing highly available and secure APIs.
- Understanding of banking or money movement processes.
As a Sila Team member you will
- Be part of developing and building a whole new financial system making moving money quicker and easier.
- Be joining a great and diverse team of experienced and respected professionals.
- Play an active role in bringing our customers dreams to life and through them serve the financial needs of many underserved populations around the world.
- Expected Salary is $75,000-120,000 , DOE.
- This role is eligible for Stock Options.
- Full Benefits Package
- Responsible “Unlimited” Time-Off
Sila Core Values
- Accountability – we hold each other to the highest standards to ensure quality in ourselves and our products
- Teamwork – we support each other to succeed as a team; we are collaborative and help each other develop
- Fearless – we take calculated risks and we are not afraid to learn from setbacks and failures
- Respect - we treat every team member with respect and welcome differing viewpoints. No mean-spirited, selfish, or condescending behavior allowed
- Integrity – we are honest and forthright about who we are; we admit our mistakes; we live our values
- Fun – we are serious about injecting humor, play, and joy into our daily work
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Python, JSON, AWS, API development, SDK deployment, design, blockchain, frontend, backend, full stack, Django, React, microservices
Sila is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sila does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship status, national origin, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.