The primary purpose of this role is to define and design solutions that will enable the Biamp Enterprise Application team to provide tools and systems to enable the business process. As a member of the team, your efforts will be focused on creating meeting the customer needs to ensure productivity and efficiency.
Business Unit Functions:
- Be the functional lead to collaborate with your team and end-users to define and design ERP and enterprise solutions
- Support the productivity of ERP and extended functions by troubleshooting, identifying root cause, and implementing process or system improvements or user-training in response to issues from accounting-related support tickets.
- Work with end-users to identify ERP challenges, develop solutions that meet the business objective and provide training to maximize performance specific to each user’s role.
- Develop relationships and work closely with key ERP partners, business units, technology teams and support teams to identify and implement solutions.
- Perform limited configuration tasks to test out and validate potential solutions
- Perform ad-hoc data analyses to provide answers to business questions
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Create user and testing documentation for products; create standards for documentation and review documentation created by others to ensure high quality and adherence to standards
- Work with other SA’s and BA’s to ensure end users are well trained in ERP – either through documentation, video recordings, or small-group sessions
- Elicits requirements through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Analyzes information and leads re-engineering of business processes and identifies various solutions to business problems
- Represents requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
- Works closely with the stakeholders, project managers and technical teams to develop User and Functional Specifications documentation.
- Leads requirements analysis and verification ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, comprehensible, traceable, and verifiable
- Responsible for tracking, prioritizing, and reporting status of multiple initiatives.
- Work with your team, and end-users, to assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for our enterprise application systems, roadmap development and maintenance projects
- Develop appropriate subject matter, domain expertise
- Ensure developed solutions are easily understood, production-ready and meet defined specifications from stakeholders
- Remain current with technology and the latest ERP solutions; maintain willingness to learn new skills
- Be an active member of your team
- Take part in solution reviews
- Participate in planning & retrospective meetings
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
- 5 years of experience as a Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Developer or equivalent combination of technology experience with Dynamics AX 2012 R3
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Business Analysis or related field preferred, experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High energy, focused on the goal, definitive
- Proficient multitasker, and a good judge of where to focus time and effort
- Effectively explain complex technical concepts in pictures and words that are understandable to a broad (including non-technical) audience
- Experience in leading analysis sessions with users to capture and define data requirements clearly, completely, and correctly
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Experience with agile software development methodologies a plus
- Must be able to work comfortably in an office environment, as in-office or on-site attendance is required.
- This job requires minimal travel (i.e. conferences/seminars)