During this unprecedented time, Technology Association of Oregon will be featuring the benefits and value that TAO member companies can provide to our greater community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
George Granger, President of AT&T Oregon, provides a number of updates about what the company is doing to support customers and the community during COVID.
TAO Member Company: AT&T
What resources can your business offer the community during the COVID pandemic?:
- In Oregon, FirstNet is helping first responders and emergency managers stay connected as they deal with real-time issues related to the COVID-19 outbreak. To accomplish this, FirstNet is working closely with the Oregon Office of Emergency Management and has deployed a Satellite Cell on Light Truck (SatCOLT) to the state’s backup redundant command center at the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) complex in Salem. The SatCOLT boosts coverage so state and local agencies can better collaborate and coordinate timely responses to emerging issues.
- FirstNet supports naval hospital ships – As the U.S. Navy sends its two medical ships to New York City and Los Angeles to provide additional hospital beds and free up local resources for COVID-19 patients, FirstNet is boosting coverage in both locations in support of the ships’ communications needs. Read More >>
AT&T PREPAID Offers Temporary Relief for Changing Budgets – AT&T PREPAID is offering three new ways to help ease financial stress during these difficult times. Read More >>
- The new $15 plan for 2GB of data with unlimited talk and text is available to new and existing customers with no activation fee.
- An automatic 10GB per month of additional data is being added temporarily to all capped phone plans for 60 days
- Customers with an Unlimited Plus plan with tethering are receiving 10GB of additional tethering per month for 60 days
We’re Doing More to Help our Wireless Customers Stay #ConnectedTogether – Since staying in touch virtually with friends, family, and colleagues has never been more important, we’re giving more relief to our AT&T wireless customers during this time of crisis. Our newest benefits include more mobile hotspot data, accessory discounts, flexible return policy, curb-side pick-up, doorstep delivery, and free express shipping. Read More >>
What is the best way for the community to get in touch?:
- MyAT&T gives customers easy access to manage their accounts, and our AT&T Ready to Go option brings the retail experience to customers when and where they choose. Customers may also contact us at 800-288-2020 for AT&T broadband, residential wireless, or small business services and 611 from your AT&T device for wireless service.
- Business customers can find help staying connected at the AT&T Business Continuity Website.
- AT&T COVID-19 Response serves as a dedicated online resource for all updates, details, and answers to frequently asked questions. Visite el sitio web de AT&T dedicado a COVID-19 para obtener detalles adicionales y las últimas actualizaciones.
- And I invite you to connect with me on social media (@GeorgeGrangerOR), as I continue to share links and updates on important issues impacting our employees and customers across the state.
What’s your favorite way to pass the time during self-quarantine?:
Outside of keeping up with work, I am catching up on my reading, staying in touch with friends and family, and organizing family pictures.
What’s one thing that helps you stay positive or gives you hope during difficult times?:
I am confident that we will come through this emergency successfully. I have been deeply moved by the daily effort Oregonians are making to flatten the curve as quickly as possible. I have also been encouraged by the great work being done by healthcare workers, first responders, educators, and those performing essential services to ensure that the needs of Oregonians are being meet during these challenging times.