Southern Willamette Valley
TAO established a formal presence in the Southern Willamette Valley in early 2015, through partnerships with Lane Workforce Partnership, the City of Eugene, and the University of Oregon.
Our efforts are guided by the TAO Eugene Advisory Board, which is comprised of tech executives from IDX, Feeney Wireless, Palo Alto Software, Moonshadow Mobile, Rock You, Concentric Sky, Arcimoto, Pipeworks, Symantec, App Nexus, SheerID, and Lunar Logic.
Lane County Tech Industry Facts
- Number of tech companies: 400+
- Number of tech employees: 5,000
- Total payroll: ~$350,000,000
- Highest average wage of any other sector
- Fastest projected wage growth of any other sector
- Eugene recognized nationally as a Top 10 up and coming tech city
Recent Initiatives Include:
- Talent Retention: Experience Oregon Tech
- Tech Community Building
- Events including the Big Mix, Hack for a Cause, and TAD Talks.