1 mic, 5 minutes, 20 slides, 300 peers in the audience... no pressure, right?
What is Ignite?
Ignite is a high-energy evening of 5-minute talks by local people who have a burning idea and the guts to get onstage and share their personal and professional passions. Quick, fun, thought-provoking, social, local, and global - Ignite is all of these and more. This Ignite is focused on all things tech.
Meet our Emcee: Alex Payne
Alex Payne is an angel investor and advisor. He works with companies in Portland and around the US. Alex cofounded online banking service Simple and was previously an early employee and Platform Lead at Twitter. You can probably find him at Next Level Burger on SE Hawthorne & 41st.
Meet our Speakers:
- Philip Todd - Using force to crack some geometry chestnuts
- Honey Darling (@honeyheartness) - Being a tech job candidate stinks
- Nick Urban (@nickurban) - Technology: the modern metaphysic
- Shawn Duffy - The Immortality of Data
- Jason Dempsey - Take your team to Uganda - The importance of experience to understand your customer
- Olivia Williamson - From IT Geek to User Experience Designer
- Katrina Scotto di Carlo (@katrinasdc) - Invisibility Mittens
- Joshua Anderson - I Blink, Therefore I Am
- Tony Morales - The Loyalty Ladder
- Nathan Christensen (@nathancpdx)- We offered unlimited vacation for one year. This is what we learned.
- Jessica Columbo (@JessColumbo)- How NOT to launch the biggest campaign of your career.
- Drew Anderson (@mohdi) - Build on a foundation of horrible ideas.
- Andrew Ferlitsch - Yemen in Conflict - The Forgotten War
- Stephanie Duncker (@dunx) -Turning Back the Doomsday Clock
- Joe Mackie (@josephmackie)- Rethinking the Car Rebirthing the American Icon of Infenuity and Economic Strength
- Temese Szalai (@temeseszalai) - Analyze this: whadda you mean you've never heard of text analytics?
When: Thursday, March 10, 2016
Where: Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 NE Alberta Street, Portland, OR 97211
5:30 PM - Doors Open
6:30 PM - Presentations Start with Intermission
9:00 PM - End of Program
Food and Beverage: Pasties, snacks, sweets, beer, wine, and various non-alcoholic drinks will be available for purchase