1 mic, 5 minutes, 20 slides, 300 peers in the audience... no pressure, right?What is Ignite? Ignite
is a high-energy evening of 5-minute talks by local people who have an burning idea and the guts to get onstage and share their personal and professional passions. Quick, fun, thought-provoking, social, local, and global - Ignite is all of these and more.
Why attend Ignite TAO? As an attendee, you'll learn about emerging, innovative, unconventional, inspiring, locally-sourced concepts and tools, connect with a diverse and passionate crowd of like-minded technology enthusiasts, and most of all, have fun!
Presenters (in no particular order):
- Craig Calder | @craiginPDX | Applying Online Multiplayer Game Tactics and Technology to Business
- Malathi Parthasarathy | Better Backlog, Better results!
- Al Kari | @lipsynq | What's a Community Network Anyway?
- Benjamin Sherwood | History Meets Cutting Edge Technology: 3d Printer Brings New Light to Antique Japanese Lantern
- Ben Purdy | @purdybot | I'd Totally Hit That: Building a Real-Life Minecraft Block
- Nancy Wirsig McClure | @hand2mouse | A Magical Pixelry Tour
- James Williams | Wi-Fi Audio Mixer For Smart Phones and Tablets
- Ward Cunningham | @wardcunningham | Welcome to my Federation
- Dayna Cakebread | @daynacakebread | What does your technology say about you? ...and what do you want your technology to say about you?
- Brantley Shumaker | @brantley_IP | The America Invents Act in a Nutshell: What Entrepreneurs and Inventors Need to Know
- Casey Huss | Hot IT Hiring and Compensation Trends for 2013
- Trux Dole | Taking a Whack at Healthcare
- Mark Burright | Help for Cancer
- Elicia Putnam | What I've Learned About Starting a Start-Up
Why present at Ignite TAO? As a speaker, you'll land a platform that challenges not only the way you present your ideas, but grants you access to an audience eager to listen. Submissions are closed at this time - check back for future dates
Possible Ignite TAO Topics
All Ignite TAO! proposals should fall into at least one of these technology categories:
- products - show and tell something cool you've invented or found (no sales pitches!)
- projects - what are you working on?
- methodology - challenge us, inspire us, show us!
- concepts - share your burning "what-if" ideas
- tools/DIY - what's out there, what should people be using, what do YOU use?
Thank You to Our Event Sponsor:
Register to Attend - It's free and it's fun!